Cascade Drift Skippers Meeting Minutes
October 10, 2018
Held at Rogue Ales & Spirits (Issaquah Brewhouse)
35 W Sunset Way, Issaquah, WA 98027
Dinner & Social Hour 5:30
President: Stephanie Sims Driskell
Vice Pres.: Carl Corn
Treasurer: Edythe Ferrian
Secretary: Sheri Hyytinen
1 South Rep: Tony Keys
New Members: No new members.
Membership Renewals: Stephanie reminded everyone to pay their dues & get in the raffle for one of the 3-$200.00 gas vouchers.
Kittitas County Grooming Council-Report from Max Rochester:
-There will be no brushing this year. There are Forest Service (FS) guidelines that are being negotiated and coordinated to be a more united effort next year.
-The bridge at Gallagher is still an issue.
WSSA Snow Show/Expo 10/20-21
- *WSSA Volunteers – Andrea passed out sign-up sheet & explained jobs available. CDS members who volunteer over 4hours per day get fee admittance & the club is paid $8.00 per hour. Stephanie reminded everyone this is one of our major fund raisers.
- *Booth Volunteers – Stephanie passedIout sign-up sheet for the CDS club booth. We will have water bottles labeled “Melted Snow” with our QR & website to give out while lobbying for new members.
Jon Ferrian, WSSA Safety Commissioner, asked if anyone is interested he is looking for volunteers to help out at the Safety Trailer at the WSSA Expo. Volunteers working for 4 hours get free admission to the Expo. Also, wanted to remind everyone that the State Trails Conference is on 10/26-10/27/2018.
- *Tank fills 10AM-12PM at the WSSA Expo at the CDS Club Booth. Handouts were created to promote this event at the Show so this will be an extra busy time. We still need Volunteers for the Sunday morning slot.
WSSA Report-District 1 South Rep, Tony Keys reported:
- *Legal action fund raffle Mick, Jon & Tony all have raffle tickets tonight.
- *Publicity secretary retired Matt Mead stepped in again and is helping out in the interim.
- *Crystal springs snow park Exciting news about the renovations. It now has capability to have 650 cars, couple 100 trailers. Clubs are being asked to help set the standards for parking by example since there is limited signage. Also, pass on the danger warnings to be very careful of the “Bioswale” areas. Link to the park map
The Crystal Springs Snow park entrance will be different and TBA.
- *Highway 20 closes at mile marker 130 not 134
- *Washington Hometown by Jennifer Hackett is looking for volunteers to help consolidate & clarify borders to existing maps for the entire state. They have already found some trails that had originally been encroached on by private properties. They were able to clarify & enlarge the trails in some areas already. If you have an interest to help out please contact Jennifer Hackett 509-312-0979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- *WSSA Expo next weekend 10/20-10/21/2018
- *State trails conference Oct 26-27 Wenatchee
- *Winter Rendezvous Silent Auction Donation CDS will be donating the Fischer Meat baskets.
Membership Raffle (Carl):
Raffle entrees will be printed off & entered for anyone who has paid their 2019 dues. You do not need to be present. The prizes are 3-$200.00 Fuel gift cards. The drawing will be at the CDS Meeting on November 14, 2018.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- *10/20-10/21/2018 WSSA Snow Show/Expo
- *11/10/2018NWAC Sled Bash 2018 Thunderstruck 17 Premier at the Beardsley Public House, 19116 Beardsley Blvd #201, Bothell, WA 98011 Saturday at 11-4:00pm. EPIC Raffle with thousands of dollars in prizes.
- *11/14/2018 Nov. CDS meeting.GPS Tips and “Bag Pop”!
- *11/17/18SnowFest Leavenworth
- *12/8/2018Christmas Party at The Last Resort
Free Avalanche Seminars:
- *10/30 6PM Clem’s Enumclaw Powersports
- *11/1 6PM I 90 Motorsports
Watch Facebook and Club Calendar for updates on RIDES!
- *Tentative schedule includes:
- *12/1 The Great Christmas Tree Hunt
- *12/8 CDS Club Ride and Holiday Party at The Last Resort
- *1/5 (Tentative) – 2019 CDS Ladies Ride
- *1/12 TNT Highway 20 Ride in cooperation with NWGC
- *2/9 Whistlin’ Jacks Ride
- *2/23 Club ride, avalanche transceiver practice, and chili cookoff
- *3/1-3/3 2019 Mt. Baker Ladies Ride
- *3/30 CDS Steak Ride
- *Presentation:Pre-Season Prep!(Carl)
- *See you at the SNOW SHOW 10/20-10/21!
- *THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!!